A stylish glass shower cubicle undoubtedly gives a bathroom a modern, fresh appeal. Glass shower screens look great when they are sparkling clean, but soap scum can quickly build up, leaving your shower glass looking cloudy and grubby. Here's how to return your shower cubicle glass to gleaming glory in just a few simple steps, using a few household items that you'll probably already have in your kitchen cupboards.
This method avoids the use of chemicals and bleaches that could damage the grouting and plastic sealant in your shower cubicle and doesn't entail hours of scrubbing to get great results.
What you'll need
- laundry washing powder
- cold water
- a soft, clean cloth
- Squeegee cloth (available from all good DIY and hardware stores)
- rubber gloves
- white vinegar
- spray bottle
- clean cotton cloths
How to do it
- Begin by mixing a cup of laundry washing powder with enough cold water to form a thick paste.
- Put your rubber gloves on to protect your hands, and apply the washing powder paste to the shower cubicle glass using a soft, clean cloth. Use a circular motion to rub the paste well into the most stubborn areas of soap scum staining, paying particular attention to the bottom of the cubicle screens where soap is inclined to accumulate.
- Allow the detergent paste to penetrate the soap scum for a few minutes, and then wipe the shower glass over again, making sure that you've covered all the staining.
- Thoroughly rinse the glass using warm water until all traces of detergent are gone. The easiest way to do this is by using the shower head.
- Now take the Squeegee and use it to remove any excess water droplets that are on the glass. This great piece of kit will leave the glass dry and virtually smudge-free.
- Make up an equal parts solution of white vinegar and cold water, and decant it into the spray bottle. Spray the cubicle glass with the water and vinegar solution one panel at a time, and then wipe the glass down using a clean cotton cloth.
- Finish off the job by polishing up the glass to a sparkling shine using the remaining clean cotton cloth.
You can quickly and simply get rid of soap scum from your shower glass by following the above guide. It's a good idea to include this procedure in your weekly cleaning routine so that soap scum isn't allowed to build up and spoil the look of your shower.Share